Every year in June, eCommerce professionals from around the world meet in Chicago for the Internet Retailers Conference and Exhibition (IRCE).
Mike Patel makes a point of attending this conference every year to meet with his partners, clients and other industry professionals to discuss the latest technology advancements and trends in eCommerce.
He wanted to share the highlights of his time at the IRCE with you. If you ever get the chance to go, it’s a great conference for anyone working in eCommerce or selling online.
- This year, Mike met with his partners, Yahoo and BigCommerce, to learn more about upcoming updates with their platforms and discuss new ways to use these platforms at their full potential for ioVista’s clients.
- Yahoo Small Business is working on their merger and it should take place in the 4th quarter of this year. You can find our article on the Yahoo Small Business Spinoff here.
- “Buy Now” buttons were a very hot topic this year.
- Google is planning on introducing a “Buy Now” button to ads to compete with Amazon.
- Pinterest also introduced this feature.
- Going mobile-friendly was also a huge topic at the IRCE. We’ve covered that extensively. You can find links to all of our articles on going mobile-friendly, right here.